Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Feeling Elderly

What a huge day!

As you know, I had to fend for myself this morning. Good Lord! I had to make my own lemon water and heat up my own chicken broth! What is my world coming to!?!? 🤔

I gave psychotic dog Jack his medication before getting ready for work and loading my trike basket to the hilt with all of my paraphernalia including a change of clothes to wear at the retreat in the afternoon.

There was plenty of time for me to grab a coffee before opening the shop, but as I returned with my coffee, Adoring Husband appeared! Wearing the mask all morning at First Aid training had left him feeling decidedly unwell. He pulled out of the training but still helped me open the shop.

There were a LOT of people in town today and I almost considered putting a sign up to limit the numbers allowed in at any one time!

The first two hours of visitors were mostly tyre kickers which gave me the chance to design and order a new banner to replace the one near the butcher shop and then order and pay for some new Bali flags and replace the broken flag poles.

The second two hours were nonstop paying customers who kept me on my toes for the entire afternoon!

It was an excellent day of sales and the last customer walked out the door 5 minutes before closing time.

There was just enough time to get changed and prepare a platter of vegetable sticks and guacamole to take with me to the retreat.

Adoring Husband appeared once again to help me close the shop and load the car with all of my paraphernalia so that I didn’t have to take it with me.

I pedalled my trike to the hall where the retreat had been moved to because of forecast rain and storms - it was originally to be held in the outdoor area of the property where The Gypsy resides.

The Women’s Healing Retreat was fantastic. Very emotional in parts but mostly joyful and full of love. We danced, we meditated, we moved and stretched, we smudged, we drishti-ed, we shared nutrition and we supported each other through our own private and personal healing.

I’m very happy to have participated and I knew all fifteen women in attendance.

I pedalled home at 5.15pm as the dark clouds loomed and threatened to dump some heavy rain.

AH was supposed to be out for dinner so I hadn’t planned much. Now that he was home, I threw together a chicken concoction and put it in the oven for 45 minutes.

AH went back for seconds!

For dessert, I melted 85% dark chocolate with some coconut cream and we dipped fresh strawberries into it. I also made up a batch of maple toffee to sprinkle over it. Delicious.

After all of that, I have to say my body is feeling very elderly and there are bits hurting all over the place.

My nutrition for the day (besides what I’ve already mentioned): tomato, onion, cucumber, carrot, celery, avocado, shallots, hummus, apple, pear, water.

Far out, it’s 9.30pm and feels like midnight!


Nite all.

No comments: