Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Today was a good day.

Adoring Husband waited on me all morning providing my lemon water, chicken broth and coffee while I sat up in bed like a spoiled movie star.

I had a quick catch up with The Gypsy before AH and I drove into The Bay to run some errands.

Nana’s pantry was first on the itinerary to purchase some tapioca flour, ginger and lime dressing, dark chocolate and flaked almonds.

Second was HBW to grab three different sizes of brown paper bags with handles for the shop.

Next was Stocklands to get some cheap cutlery for my personal use at the shop. The bonus for me was finding a pair of Skecher shoes, which they finally had in stock at Williams shoe store. While AH was waiting in the car, I ducked into another store and tried on a bamboo top which I bought.

That was it! Coffee at the drive through as we were beginning our journey home.

We stopped at ‘Roz’s Happy Place’ to deliver all of my purchases before we returned home.

I spent the afternoon copying the information from my old sales sheets to my new sales sheets.

Dinner was salmon steak with salad of baby spinach, Roma tomato, cucumber, beetroot, avocado, onion and a lemon wedge.

No dessert tonight.

It’s now midnight!! Sleep time for me! 


Nite all.

No comments: