Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 17, 2020

Application

I used a website today, where freelance professionals look at what you need and apply for the job you have available eg I want someone to create a simple, easy to navigate website that will be easy for me to manage and maintain after its completed.

So I described in detail what I wanted, and just like a job interview, I gave 5 questions that they need to answer before I choose the successful applicant.

I haven’t posted the job description yet, but it’s all created and ready to go ... whenever I’m ready to go!

I had a nice time in bed today, although I had to close the bedroom window early this morning because the breeze was strong and cold!

Adoring Husband waited on me, providing lemon water, broth and coffee.

I made a salad for lunch while he provided some cold ham from the butcher.

Dinner was lamb loin chops with roasted cauliflower steaks, baked sweet potato, tomato and onion.

In the food processor I chucked an avocado, a frozen banana, coconut cream, maple syrup, melted 85% dark chocolate and some salt. I served it with blueberries and maple toffee crunch.

That was my nutrition for the day.


Sleep time and work tomorrow.

Nite all

No comments: