Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Sassy Saturday

I’m exhausted!

It was another busy sales day in the shop which hindered my efforts to finish setting up for the art workshop, so I was a little flustered by the time the workshop was due to begin and to top it off there was a flurry of customers in the last 15 minutes before closing.

The workshop participants all arrived at different times and a touch early too which only added to my discomfort.

Eventually, the shop was closed, I changed into my casual attire and I was seated with the girls ready to play.

At the beginning of the week I had 9 people confirmed for the class, which dropped to 8 by Tuesday and then 4 just didn’t turn up today - no communication at all. In future, I’ll get everybody to pay in advance.

It really didn’t matter because the four who attended were a great little group and they were a lot of fun and very enthusiastic.

We were all so involved and so deep in concentration that before we knew it, it was after 3pm and we hadn’t even begun to clean our messes!

It was all very busy as we finished our art pieces, cleaned the mess and shuffled out the door much later than usual!

I forgot to take photos!! 😮

I will take photos of the dried art on Monday, but the group photo opportunity has well and truly passed. Bugger.

I signed up the first person for my journaling course which starts on Tuesday week and the local newsletter where I’ve advertised hasn’t even been published yet! Wahoo!

It has been a great week. I feel like it was productive and fruitful and I’m definitely ready for a day in bed to recover from all that fabulous juju.



Nite all.

No comments: