Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 21, 2020

A Blinder

Today was full on.

A fabulous day of sales and in between customers I partially set up the training room for Saturday’s workshop, finished pricing the fascinators, created folders for two new suppliers, put together an order for the new range of Jenny Jazz clothing (OMG some gorgeous stuff there but that’s on hold until I can afford it!), checked my emails, paid some consignment money and I actually ate some lunch!

I was quite frazzled for most of the day and literally fumbled my way through it.

It started when I ordered my morning coffee and discovered that there were 9 coffees ordered before me. I had left the house ten minutes later than usual so it was slightly inconvenient to wait. I was lucky to have Adoring Husband opening the shop for me.

I picked up my mail and arrived at the shop to find AH setting up the tables for the art class, so I immediately went to his assistance, arranging the tables, moving chairs out of the room, putting the plastic sheets over the tables etc until my first customer came through the door.

I was about to make the first sale and found the iPad with my square reader checkout was dead flat. It was a big sale so I was incredibly lucky that the customer had enough cash in her wallet to pay for it!

After she left, I had to find the cord to charge the iPad. Usually I take it home overnight to charge it, so I was certain that there was no cord at the shop. I remembered that the last time, I charged it using AH’s cord at home so it was pure luck that, having searched all the drawers, I eventually found the cord in my laptop bag!

For the third sale, I misplaced the little white square reader, which is essential for making the sales. I eventually found it on the corner of the desk hiding between the cash tin and the little set of drawers. It took me ages to find it, but I was lucky that the ladies were very good natured and not in a hurry to go anywhere.

The next sale was for essential oils and I accidentally undercharged for one of the oils, not realising it until after she left. Too late. Too bad.

Another customer, who purchased a Himalayan salt lamp, asked for some spare bulbs for it. I have them in a box in the cupboard. They have always been there. I have not moved them. Could I locate them??? Noooooo.

So I searched in all the places where I knew they couldn’t be until the customer said to message her on Facebook when I found them and she would come back. Not ten minutes later I found them exactly where they have always been, but I had placed a box over the top of them which hid them from my view.

Ugh.

Just a whole bunch of silly little things one after the other to frustrate and frazzle my usually organised brain. I had a good night’s sleep so my brain should have been sharp!

I was embarrassed but I survived.

Tomorrow will be better!



It’s almost midnight so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: