Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Moving On

I love this ...

“I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people.

If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for me right here at home. “

- Muhammad Ali

If only we could all be so forthright, honest and assertive.

I had a nice day.

Adoring Husband swapped the fence flags so now I have green and gold satin flapping for people’s attention along the fence.

It was an average sales day.

I ordered some clothes which I think will be here tomorrow.

I took a stack of photos of the new stock and posted them on Facebook.

I priced and displayed 4 dozen pairs of socks.

I attempted to delete 7000 emails but they kept bouncing back into my inbox.

All but 2 of my customers paid with $50 notes so by lunch time I had to get change from the post office.

My back was giving me a hard time after yesterday’s effort of unpacking and displaying the new stock - also I only slept for 4 hours - so I’m signing off now to get some sleep.

There will be more stock arriving tomorrow and I have to set up the training room for Saturday’s workshop.















Nite all.

No comments: