Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 6, 2020

Coupla Days

It’s been a big coupla days.

On Thursday, The Motivator spent the day christening the treatment room.

Sales were sadly very low but I spent my time chatting with Aggie, unpacking stock and setting up my iMac desktop computer which I hadn’t turned on for more than two years! I deleted over 10,000 emails and about 150 old photos.

I reminisced over 7 years worth of photography which took me for a walk down memory lane.

I put together a $250 gift pack which I will offer as a prize. Anyone who spends $50 or more will fill out a form to go into the draw - the draw will take place on Friday 18th December (a week before Christmas).

Off the top of my head, there is a large photo frame, my calendar, a bamboo travel mug, a leather snap necklace with 3 snap buttons, an Intrinsic gratitude journal, a small crossbody bag, a child’s bracelet, a travel shoe polishing kit, and one more item that I can’t remember.

Adoring Husband spent the entire day waiting for the plumber that never arrived, so I closed the shop on my own.

I’ve ridden my trike every day this week which I have really enjoyed - the fresh air, the sunshine, the exercise and the downtime, even though it’s only ten minutes each way is great for clearing the mind of all the work stuff.

Today, sales certainly made up for yesterday and I broke my sales record! It was an amazing day which started with me writing in my gratitude journal that I trusted the universe to take care of me and provide all the financial assistance to get me through what is traditionally a ‘dead’ month for sales.

The universe certainly responded in big way!

AH was again waiting for the plumber who actually turned up this time, so it was up to me to put together my new hat stand for the Cancer Council hats.

It looks great right inside the front door. If it wasn’t so windy, I’d park it outside the front door to attract customers, but the gale force conditions would have the hats flying all over town like a scene from Mary Poppins!

There wasn’t time to do anything else because there was a constant stream of customers. I didn’t even have time to post the four parcels that are sitting on my desk, two of which are for customers, so that task has to wait until Monday.

I had a visit from The Brains Trust - it was short and sweet and included two warm hugs.

The Motivator popped in to show me her beautiful new hairstyle and colour. Stunning!

I didn’t leave the shop until after 3pm and pedalled straight to Bombshell’s house where I was meeting up with Aggie, Maid Marian and Reality TV Queen for happy hour with Bombshell. I really enjoyed my time with the girls and the two glasses of Riccadonna that took two hours to drink.

By the time I arrived home, AH already had dinner in the oven.

I was feeling pretty exhausted and put my feet up.

We both came to bed at 8pm and I played my BBC2 pop trivia at 8.30pm before writing this.

Suddenly, it’s approaching 10pm, AH is snoring softly beside me and I’m ready for sleep.

I’m hoping for a superabundant Saturday ... perhaps the people will come to me after the Howard markets!



Nite all.

No comments: