Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Body and Brain

I exercised both my body and my brain today.

My morning was spent in bed creating my monthly newsletter. It took about three hours.

Adoring Husband was hungry so I made two bacon and egg rolls for his lunch. For myself I did bacon, banana and maple syrup - yummy!

We watched a couple of episodes of a netflix series (the name of which I forget right at this moment but I’ve mentioned it here before) until I decided to make use of the pool.

The water was absolutely perfect so I turned on some relaxing music and I swam, stretched, exercised and floated for about an hour, wrapped myself in a towel and sat under the Bali hut for another 30 minutes. The weather was glorious and by the time I came inside, I was feeling pretty chilled.

For AH, I prepared chicken, mushroom and vegetables for dinner. I ate 2 mangos and they were delicious!

After dinner we watched the new “Chasers” show which I quite enjoyed.

This evening, I began designing my vision board workshop, the first of which will be held on 12th November. I’m really looking forward to it because it’ll be more fun doing my 2021 vision board with friends. I have 4 names so far.

Right now I’m in bed listening to AH snore like a steam train. It’s so bad, I’ve recorded him! 


Anyway, until the snoring, I’ve had a most enjoyable Sunday. Monday is going to be full on busy so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all

No comments: