Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Record Breaking

I broke my Saturday morning sales record!

Wahoo!

It was a very early start for me because I was worried that voting would bring so many people to the shop that I wouldn’t be able to finish setting up the work stations for the art workshop.

At 7.40am Adoring Husband and I were filling water tubs, arranging cups, mixing paint, blowing up balloons, shopping for afternoon tea, assigning canvases, lining buckets with plastic bags etc etc.

Between customers, I was able to tie up loose ends and the room was perfectly ready by the time the workshop began.

It was most definitely the quietest class I’ve ever led.

Everyone was so focused on what they were doing, it was completely silent for at least half of the time.

We sang Happy Birthday to the birthday girl who blew out the candle, drank the gin, ate the cake and at the end of the class she confessed to feeling exhausted from celebrating all week as well as dealing with a teething baby!

I’m not sure everyone was happy with their results this week. It was more difficult than they expected.







I didn’t get photos of them all.

But still, a good time was had by all!

At the end of the day, AH and I still had to vote so we drove straight to the hall and performed that duty before heading home.

By then, it was after 4pm and I was absolutely exhausted!

Dinner was a nosh up of finely chopped sweet potato, carrot and fresh beans with garlic, chicken, cherry tomatoes and spinach, salt and pepper. It was very tasty and hit the spot nicely.

We watched an old DVD “Some Kind of Wonderful” - probably the 30th time I’ve seen it and I loved it today as much as I loved it 33yrs ago.

Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: