Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 29, 2020

She’s Ba-ack

I had a good day as I returned to the shop after my mini break.

Even though there is a lot to do, I didn’t overdo it. I’m pacing myself and keeping a running ‘to do’ list so that I can steadily get stuff done.

I was able to display all the new jewellery which I had priced while I was at home on my so-called break haha.

When I counted my calendars, I discovered there were only 14 of my first order which should have been 30. So I tagged them all with the names of the first fourteen people who pre-ordered. I know there are three more packs of calendars coming but they are currently at a depot in Melbourne.

I checked with the post office on prices of packaging and mailing to my two interstate customers.

I helped a Dad select a handful of gifts for his teenage 3yr old (yes ... three year old) daughter. 

It was a good sales day AND there were lots of tyre kickers who will probably return tomorrow. One of my Saturday tyre kickers returned today to make his purchases.

Adoring Husband set the tables up in the training room so that I can spend time tomorrow setting up the work stations for the art class on Saturday.

He is not in the best of health at the moment and I asked him not to do anything, but he was sneaky while I was putting out the flags and signs and chairs. 🙄

I had a great visit from Aggie too! We had some good laughs and shared a bit of venting after listening to a local bloke whingeing about his health and his life. Then I told him to take his sad stories away from my shop.

The day passed quickly and after grabbing some protein from the butcher, we came home to put our feet up.

I should have had a swim or cleaned the bathroom but I received my new Leonie Dawson workbooks in the mail this morning and I was keen to sit down and get started on  the Goal Getter Life workbook. There is also a Goal Getter Biz workbook, a weekly planner workbook, a wall planner and a list planner.

So that’s how I filled most of my afternoon.

Best get some sleep now.



Nite all.

No comments: