Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sweet Sunday

I did NOT spend all day in bed 😮

I think it was about 10am when I got out of bed and walked outside to dip my toe in the pool. The temp was perfect so I slipped into my swimmers and jumped in. I swam a few laps, floated a bit, did some stretches, took psychotic dog Colli in for a paddle and simply enjoyed the space.

My biggest plan for the day was to photograph the new jewellery, so I took it out to the Bali hut where the light was lovely and used my phone to get some pics.

I had to edit them and post them together on the Facebook page.










Adoring Husband and I wanted to watch the movie “Red” before the women’s NRL grand final between Broncos and Roosters, but we had 40 minutes to kill so we drove to drop off a camera to a customer who had left it with me in a panic because it wouldn’t focus. She had accidentally put it on manual focus. Easy peasy.

While I shopped at Foodworks for AH’s coffee and some avocados, he drove to my shop to empty the bin in the kitchen, which I’d forgotten to do yesterday.

We watched our movie and the footy and AH cooked a leg of lamb and baked vegetables for dinner. It was delicious 😋 

We’ve just watched Melbourne Storm defeat Penrith Panthers in the men’s NRL grand final. What a game!

I’m feeling a bit weary now so I think I shall head to bed.


Nite all.

No comments: