Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Play Date

I’m worn out!

The girls picked me up at 9am.

First on the itinerary was morning coffee so we decided Aquavue would be the ideal location to commence our play date. 

I haven’t had coffee for 2 weeks and instead of ordering a tea, I ordered a non alcoholic pina colada which was refreshing and delicious!

We made our way across the road and a couple of us made a purchase from Banana Bender - the first of many! Fire and Ice was our next stop where we discovered a shop FULL of colourful, stylish, quality clothes. I tried on 8 tops and selected 3.

We drove to “Salt” for lunch, but of course we had to pop into “Luxe” next door to peruse their gorgeous linen and silk clothing lines. I tried on 4 tops and purchased none! A bit sad. I’ve never left there empty handed before. There’s a first time for everything.

For lunch, I enjoyed a spicy prawn salad with avocado, watermelon, rocket and pomegranate dressing and scattered with pepitas. I can’t even describe how delicious that lunch was. I accompanied it with an Immune Boost juice.

We all enjoyed our meals and each other’s company.

We planned our next move and made a beeline for Pialba Place where we checked out shoes and clothes. I purchased a top at “Shoe Frenzy”.

Our final stop for the day was Stocklands.

The Brains Trust was desperate for caffeine so we all trailed in her wake to The Coffee Club and we partook of tea or coffee and I ate a GF passionfruit cheesecake slice all on my own.

It was around about then that Aggie’s husband texted to say that huge storms were approaching and we should think about trying to beat them home. We checked the BOM and decided we still had a little time to play with so of course there were more clothes to be tried on.

I found another top and while I was paying for it, I was mentally searching my wardrobe deciding which of my tops I was going to reject to make room for these new ones. Turns out I could remove 8 to make way for the new 6.

On our way home, the dark and angry storm was looming from the east and the race was on!

Our first stop was The Brains Trust and we could see the black storm cell threateningly close by. A few big spots of rain hit the windscreen, but nothing too bad.

I was the third person dropped home and within 5 minutes of walking through my door, the heavens opened up! Heavy rain, lightning, thunder ... 45ml of rain in about 25 minutes. It wasn’t as bad as it looked on the BOM and not as bad as it sounded ... but fabulous soaking rain so desperately needed.

I gave Adoring Husband a fashion parade to show him my new Spring wardrobe and he appeared suitably impressed.

Thankfully, there was no power failure during the storm, so I removed a leftover chicken curry from the freezer and heated it for AH’s dinner. I mixed up a quick guacamole for myself and munched on that with GF crackers and a mango on the side.

The UK is now on daylight savings, so the music trivia show is on at 8.30pm - an hour later than usual, which is a bit of a pain. There may be nights when I cannot stay awake for it!



Anyway, it’s almost 10pm and I’m all shopped out and feeling a touch weary so I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: