Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 2, 2020

Annoyed

I had MUCH to do today.

The training room had to be cleared of the art, art gear and the tables and the floor vacuumed so that I could set up for Melbourne Cup tomorrow.

We had to be at the shop at 10.30am and 12.30pm for deliveries that, once again, did not appear. Three  weeks in a row now and I’ve contacted the original couriers twice and they’ve guaranteed me the parcels were on the truck!

I’m annoyed.

I’m going to get the courier’s addresses and send Adoring Husband to pick up the parcels. This is ridiculous and I’ve never had a problem with deliveries before, but I have a customer urgently waiting on one of these packages.

So we were at the shop for three hours for no apparent reason.

I conceded defeat at 12.50pm and we hustled into The Bay with a list a mile long of things to do.

Three hours later, after visiting Nana’s Pantry, Dan Murphy’s, three different art supply shops, Bunnings, Coles, Woollies, Harvey Norman’s and Su Jus cafe bar, we hustled back home.

We unpacked the car, fed the dog and repacked the car with a punch bowl, Riccadonna, stemless wine glasses, table cloths, esky, TV, flowers and vases and drove to the shop to finish setting up for MC.

We are still not ready and left the shop at 6.20pm.

There is still just a little to do tomorrow morning and I know what I’m wearing so it should be a smooth start to the day.

I think we have both gone above and beyond today and we are well and truly worn out.


Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: