Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Dressy Affair

I wore a dress!

Today, I hosted an intimate Melbourne Cup gathering of friends and acquaintances at Roz’s Happy Place.

It was a really nice day.








There were 8 of us including Adoring Husband and I.

Because there is no aerial or antenna on our building, Adoring Husband had to put in quite an effort to get our big screen TV working.

He was my champion for the day and I don’t know what I would have done (apart from hand out a handful of iPads so that we could watch the race on small screens!) without his determination to make my day successful.

My guests all brought yummy nibbles for the table and I provided a variety of alcoholic beverages from a Sauvignon Blanc to Pink Moscato to Riccadonna to Champagne to Chardonnay and also a non alcoholic punch and tea/coffee.

Sunflowers on the tables 🌻🌻🌻

Sweeps for me to lose money on.

The last of my guests didn’t leave until well after 4pm. 

AH and I had to clear the room and set it up for meditation tomorrow morning, so it was after 5pm by the time we got home. We unpacked the car and brought the big screen telly inside.

Of course it was then time to prepare dinner so I cooked a couple of duck breasts and served them with salad.

We are both exhausted and I have to be at the shop at 7am for meditation so I need to sleep right now.

Nite all.

No comments: