Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Transformation

The artwork is finished and it’s name is “transformation” - I have to add that word to the bottom of the painting. 

The recipient is pleased.

I had a nice time with the girls at our coffee morning, followed by a busy morning of sales.

I created the journaling lesson and printed it out ready for the class.

The class was great. It always is. It’s funny how much healing can be done simply by discussing past life events in a safe space. No judgement.

Adoring Husband and I cleared the training room ready for meditation in the morning and set out the chairs. I vacuumed the entire shop.

My new Lorraine Lea linen arrived today. Two charcoal coloured foam bath mats, an oyster coloured body pillow case and a beautiful Miami style bedspread. 

I’m hanging for the new linen pants from Jenny Jazz to arrive at the shop and I have customers waiting too!

It was nice to have the cleaner in the shop today because the gale force winds brought plenty of dust as well as ash from the fires on Fraser Island and Woodgate into the space. She saves me so much time in my week.

We had some nice rain from the storms last night. There was 15mm in the gauge and the pool filled up nicely. Some follow up rain would be nice though.

Time for sleep. Early meditation and AH and I need to drive into The Bay after work so it will be a big day.


Nite all.

No comments: