Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Where to Start

I fell asleep at 1am.

Self inflicted because I was watching something that I needed to see the end of.

At 4.30am I was woken by Adoring Husband’s very loud alarm. He was not in the room at the time but I heard his heavy footsteps as he realised what was happening.

Unfortunately, he was in a very bad way this morning. We are having a rerun of a health condition that started a month ago, and for which he took 30days of antibiotics, but now with a few added extras including exaggerated Parkinson’s symptoms, dizziness, disorientation, weakness and lethargy.

So he drove me (he shouldn’t have driven, but insisted - next time I will insist on riding the trike) to his place of work and I made him sit in the car while I cleaned the loos.

From there we drove to get his coffee and then home.

I prepared myself for work, loaded up my trike and off I pedalled.

Before I opened the shop, I made myself a cup of tea and sat quietly at my desk for 20 minutes.

I set out the flags, chairs and signs and turned everything on inside, including some uplifting Christmas music that I could sing along with.

At 9am one of my class arrived to help set up the training room. This was lucky because I got busy with those pesky customers who kept me on my toes for the next two and a half hours! 

Another of the girls arrived 30 minutes later to help finish up. They were amazing.

Last week, there were 13 people booked into the art class. During the week, two pulled out. During the morning another six pulled out leaving five for the break up party 🎊 + me.

The five remaining were my favourites so it turned into a great afternoon with some successes and some fails. We drank some champagne and ate some fresh fruit and made a big mess.

They all helped clean the mess afterwards and were, once again, amazing.

At 4pm, after a great day of sales and great fun making art, I loaded up my trike and pedalled home in gale force conditions to find AH, having just woken up, sitting on the edge of the bed and still not feeling good at all.

I handed him his usual drugs, some painkillers and some watermelon.

I took washing off the line and hung more washing out, fed the dog, emptied my bags and sat in the lounge room with AH for a little while until it was time to cook dinner.

Chicken, mushrooms, onion, garlic, fresh thyme, lemon juice, plain coconut yoghurt, maple syrup, Himalayan salt, white pepper and home made broth - served with rice. That was for AH. I had two mouthfuls of the chicken mixture and a mango.

After we finished eating, I cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher.

My body is feeling every bit it’s 60 years right now and I’m looking forward to having a quiet, relaxing Sunday lazing about and doing whatever the hell I choose to do - in between caring for my poor decrepit Adoring Husband of course.

It’s already 10.30pm so I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: