Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 24, 2021

When I Grow Up

Bobby Nelson (Willie Nelson’s sister) is 90 yrs of age and still plays keyboard in his band ...

Iris Apfel 99 yrs of age and proud of her eclectic personal style ...

Nanny 84 yrs of age with her own YouTube channel ...



Combine these three fabulously amazing women and that’s what I want to be when I grow up! Just sayin’

I reluctantly left my bed this morning to make myself presentable for a public outing with my girls. We attended Portside restaurant in Maryborough for a delicious two hour lunch.

I had the crispy skinned salmon steak with char grilled peach salad. Beauty and Lady Lynn had grilled barramundi. The Brains Trust had pumpkin salad with Cajun chicken. Aggie had soft shell tacos which looked REALLY delicious.

We sat outside on the verandah and there was a nice breeze that kept us comfortable throughout the meal. The staff were very friendly and efficient and while it was a leisurely lunch that lasted more than 2 hours, the time passed quickly.

All but one of us chose to play “ladies” and wore a dress. Yes! I wore a dress! Never again! I despise dresses. They’re just NOT ME.

It was a lovely day. Good food and good company.

Adoring Husband and Psychotic dog Colli were happy too see me arrive home safe n sound. I changed into my slobber dog clothes, plonked myself on the couch to binge watch New Girl for the remainder of the afternoon.

Bangers and mash for dinner and now watching Celebrity.

We have a big day in The Bay planned for tomorrow so it will be an early night for me.

Nite all.

No comments: