Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 29, 2021

Say What?

For the first time in a decade, I’m sitting here in the lounge room watching the television with the volume at a very comfortable level.

Today, Adoring Husband, after much nagging, complaining, provoking, hounding and whinging (by me) took himself to Bay Audio and had a hearing test.

He exited with a brand new to the market hearing aid.

Now I have to stop swearing under my breath when I get cranky with him,  because quite obviously, his hearing is MUCH improved!

It feels weird to not have the sound reverberating through the walls. 

I like it.

He also had a dental appointment and requires 3.5 hours of dental work which can’t be done until April and is going to cost a small fortune.

I’ve had two good days of sales at the shop.

My Lorraine Lea party on Thursday afternoon was successful and eight of us enjoyed 3 hours of eating, drinking, laughing and spending. I won’t know until Monday how much I get for free or half price because people are still ordering online.

Three people booked parties so I’ll be busy over the coming weeks!

It was good to see The Motivator after a month absence and the other girls were happy to see her too because it had been even longer since they’d seen her.

Even though the caravan parks are quite empty, there are still plenty of people around town, so business is better than last year at this time.

We’ve had Wattle birds build a nest in a plant pot in our alfresco area. They laid an egg about three weeks ago and it hatched yesterday ...

No doubt the annoying chirping will begin in the coming days!

It’s after 11pm.

Time for me to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: