Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Rozzie Day

My Aussie Day was almost perfect.

Lobster Mornay in bed would have capped it off perfectly.

I lay in bed all day in my pyjamas binge watching New Girl using the Netflix app on my iPad.

At 2.36pm I turned it off and rolled over for an hour long nap.

By 4pm I had changed into my swimmers and was enjoying the pool. I swam a couple of laps and floated on the bed for a while. Adoring Husband, who had been cleaning his shed all day, joined me for a dip.

We left the pool area by 5pm, changed out of our wet gear and drove to the shop to clear the training room of all the art class mess, vacuum the floor, lay down a rug to cover the dreadful paint splatters on the carpet and set out the chairs ready for meditation in the morning.

It took us an hour so it was well after 6pm when we arrived home. This meant that dinner had to be something quick and easy. We had leftover roast pork sandwiches with home made choko relish. I made a smoothie with frozen pineapple, watermelon and mango, coconut water and filtered water.

It will be an early night for me because I need to be up before 6am tomorrow.

Here is where I want to share something important ...

⁣Today I acknowledge the Butchulla people on whose traditional land we live.

I stand in solidarity with people who want to change the date of Australia Day. ⁣

I acknowledge the pain this day causes as a reminder of the devastation suffered by the First Nation people - and the impacts that are still felt today with ongoing generational trauma, racism and discrimination. ⁣

⁣To learn more about the Change the Date movement: https://www.commonground.org.au/learn or follow @commongroundaustralia⁣

⁣𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 works to address the ongoing trauma caused by the forced removal of children from their families.

Nite all

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

And what day do CAN we celebrate being a proud Australian. What our forefathers did to the aboriginal race is atrocious. But how many generations have to say sorry before there is forgiveness. Let’s just try and build a bridge to a more united inclusive Australia without it becoming a political ball.