Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Meditation Recommences

I slept very poorly last night.

It was 2.30am the last time I looked at the clock and after that I dozed on and off and woke ten minutes before the alarm at 6am.

So meditation was exactly what I needed to start my day. Numbers were down because some people were away and two regulars were not well so there were 5 empty seats.

Only three ladies remained for coffee and a chat afterwards, but that hour was full of giggles 🤭 

It was a good day of sales and in between customers I was able to get a lot ticked off my “to do” list so it was a productive day.

I have struggled to keep my eyes open all afternoon and I came to bed at 7pm intending to stay awake for as long as possible so that I can sleep soundly all night.

I bought some Valerian Forte on Monday. It was for Adoring Husband to help him sleep through the night, but I’m going to take one tonight - I’ll report my findings tomorrow. 

We had barramundi and salad for dinner.

I’m feeling weary and tomorrow afternoon I’m hosting a Lorraine Lea linen party at the shop after I close, so I need to sleep tight and wake refreshed in the morning.


I’ll definitely begin the day with a smoothie to increase my energy.

AH has a big day in The Bay planned.

Nite all.

No comments: