Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Back to it.

I didn’t get much time with my girls this morning.

There were a LOT of customers for the first 2 hours that I was open and they took my coffee time!

One lady in particular, who wanted to buy some clothes. She has MS and is quite weak with tricky co-ordination so she required some extra help. She took a good hour of my time but she bought quite a few items and has certainly added to and improved her wardrobe.

I paid for 2 orders of stock -  handbags and clothing.

I made new files.

I photocopied.

I stapled biz cards to paper bags.

I made lunch.

I priced some new jewellery and displayed it.

I set up for journaling 

In journaling, we practiced some art work and designed some of our pages, planned our title page and selected some fancy paper to add to our designs.

After journaling, Adoring Husband and I set up the room for meditation and AH vacuumed the shop while I folded the old preloved clothing and packed them up ready to return to their original owners.

We were home by 4.30pm and I did a couple of loads of washing and cooked salmon steak and salad for dinner.

Best get some sleep so that I can be up bright and early for meditation.



Nite all.


No comments: