Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Whoa for Wednesday

It was a full house for meditation this morning. I had to lock the door early and sit on a chair outside the door to the training room because all seats were taken!

A few newbies and 4 men in attendance!

A few of the girls remained behind for a chat and The Gypsy had to leave early for an appointment.

The Motivator attended meditation and stayed behind for a chat with the girls and after the girls left, she stayed longer for a chat with me, which was really nice.

Up until she left, I had no customers and it was almost midday when my first walked through the door.

The afternoon was slow and steady but overall, it was a very quiet day.

My desk is a mess and covered with lots of jewellery that arrived in the mail over the last two days that still needs to be priced and displayed.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay and ran some errands for me but I gave him the wrong measurements for some canvases and now I have large canvases that will make me rethink my future plans in the art room.

No biggie.

AH picked me up at 2pm and it was nice to come straight home.

All I needed to do was grab my washing off the line but it was so hot on the western side of the house where the clothes line is, that after 15 minutes standing out there folding the clothes as I removed them, I actually had to leave them out there and lay on my bed! I felt quite light headed and a bit weak!

It must be my age. 🥴

Peking Duck with vegetables for AH’s dinner. I had some licorice tea because I really wasn’t hungry.

I’m watching MAFS while AH gets organised for his train trip into Brisbane tomorrow. He is overdue for his visit to the Parkinson’s Professor.

I think I’ll go to bed to watch the rest of the show now.


Nite all.

No comments: