Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 12, 2021

Fast Friday

It was weirdly quiet with not a soul walking through the door until almost midday.

The last 2 hours provided good sales. They didn’t make up for yesterday but were satisfying just the same.

I was able to complete a few more fiddly jobs that I’ve put off for a while and I took delivery of some colourful cotton jumpers that needed sorting, pricing, photographing and displaying.

The day passed quickly, as usual.

I was picked up by the Silver Mermaid at 2.45pm for what was supposed to be an afternoon of art + beverages out at Raintree Acres, but instead it turned out to be just beverages!

Three hours of fun and frivolity with a bunch of hilarious women. Fun and exhausting!

I was one of the first to leave and was grateful for a lift home with The Motivator. Who knows how long those crazy women will carry on for, but I am definitely getting too old for playing hard and all I could think about was ‘how soon is too soon for bed?’ 🥴

Sad but true.

Speaking of ‘too old’ ...

Vegan Chickie and I have been looking at photos of ourselves from ten years ago compared to today. She has aged beautifully...

While I have begun the downhill slide into aged oblivion...

The photo with baby Chicklet was ten years ago (aged 50). The photo with me wearing a cap was 16 yrs ago (aged 45) and the pic on the left was taken 3 weeks ago (aged 60 + 10 months).

Bit of a shock to the system! But I’m alive and that’s always good 🤗

This week is the start of the NRL footy season, which Adoring Husband and I are very excited about and I started up the family footy tipping competition again. 

Three games have already been played and I’ve only tipped one correctly so far. Not a great start but there is a long way to go!

Now it’s time to sleep. I’m feeling very weary.





I choose 1 and 14.

Nite all.

No comments: