Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Town Markets

Our local markets were held in the grounds of the hall today.

Our markets are small and nondescript and most newcomers leave feeling disappointed 😞 

The one redeeming feature is the SES barbecue that serves bacon and eggs and sausages & onion on bread or rolls.

I could smell the onions cooking from my shop driveway this morning.

Yum.

Thanks to those markets, I was able to welcome a convoy of ten women into the shop around mid morning. Ten women disappointed in the markets and who wanted to spend some money.

Not all of them spent money and the sales did not break records, but were enough for me to feel good about the day.

I had a nice visit from Aggie.

Other than that, the morning was uneventful.

I came home at 1pm and had a swim in the pool and I must say I was feeling hyper vigilant after Adoring Husband spotted a baby brown snake in our back yard this morning.

While I was in the pool, I found some snake poo on the concrete edging - I know what snake poo looks like because I once owned a carpet python - this is not good!

AH came out to get help taking his footy jersey off and stood in the pool on the first step so that I could reach over his head to pull the shirt off. It was so clever of me to yank it over his ear and send one of his hearing aids flying into the water!

I tried diving under the water to pick it up, but they are so light that any movement of the water sent it scuttling in different directions before I could grab it. The creepy crawly snuck up behind me and seemed to know that there was a foreign object on the floor of the pool that required sucking up!!

AH was standing on the sidelines in a panic cursing and i stopped Wally (my name for the creepy crawly) in his tracks before he could eat the hearing aid. In the end it was easier for me to put my foot on the hearing aid and pick it up with my toes.

It survived the ordeal and is still working. I’m pretty sure AH survived as well.

Eventually, I came inside, changed into some dry clothes and settled in for an afternoon of football. I was much more successful with today’s tips than yesterday’s but Adoring Husband has a perfect score so far!

Dinner was a ‘fend for yourself’ affair.

It’s now well after midnight and time for me to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: