Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Oh Yeah It’s Raining Again

Everybody is carrying an umbrella.

It’s wet, wet, wet.

It’s lovely, lovely, lovely.

We had four empty seats in meditation so the rain kept a few away.

I enjoyed a good chat with The Gypsy before and after the class and we had plenty to talk about.

There was also plenty of news within the group so everyone was very chatty afterwards.

I had a steady day of sales - I guess there’s not much else to do on a rainy day!

I had two deliveries of stock arrive so between customers I was unpacking, checking, pricing, photographing and displaying.










Again, the day passed very quickly and I was surprised when Adoring Husband appeared to help me close the shop. While I finished pricing the last few items, he set up the tables in the back room ready for Saturday’s art workshop.

There’s always something going on.

I’ve had a lazy afternoon and now I’m going to bed to watch MAFS.


Nite all.


No comments: