Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Time Flies

It’s already time for my next Lorraine Lea linen party! 

That crept up quickly!

Anyone out there who might like to order (you can have it mailed directly to your address), here is the link 

https://lorrainelea.com/events/4fxkkC

Of course I had planned for it to be a pool party and now the forecast is for rain so I have to formulate a Plan B just in case.

I had a good steady day of sales today. There are a lot of groups of women on holidays at the moment. Three sisters, all in their 80s. Four female friends from Brisbane. Three female friends from Sunshine Coast. Five women, whose husbands were out fishing.

There’s not much else to do in this weather except practice some retail therapy!

I received some bills, ordered more stock, banked some cash, talked to some reps, rearranged some displays, made my lunch and accepted my cleaner’s resignation because she successfully applied for her dream placement in a facility for people with disabilities.

Adoring Husband went to SES training tonight so I spent some time switching between channels to see the AFL and NRL games. Both of my teams lost 😞 

It’s way past 11pm so it’s sleep time for me.



Nite all.

No comments: