Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Unproductively Social

My shop was a social hub today ... ALL day.

It started when Adoring Husband and his mate Sideshow Bob bought themselves a coffee and used my training room as their meeting place. 

While they were doing that, I had a visit from Mini J who spent about 30 minutes getting me up to speed with the goings on in the BHPA and local community.

She had not long gone when a crowd favourite The Brains Trust walked through the door and I invited her to sit and chat.

We chatted for an hour and I noticed that I had a message from The Welch Wonder who advised me that she would be visiting shortly ... 5 minutes later she joined us and we three chatted for another 30+ minutes.

The Brains Trust departed and WW remained for 30 minutes before making a purchase and then taking her leave. 

By now it was 1.20pm and I had 20 minutes to actually do some quick necessary chores before AH turned up to help me close the shop.

The day passed quickly and most enjoyably but productivity was minimal to say the least!

In between all of that, sales were very good and I was happy to calculate my budget to successfully cover the recently received rates notice, security bill, rent, stock payments and soon to come power bill! The never ending outflow of cash!

We came home and I spent a spirited 30 minutes doing some tidying up in preparation for my Lorraine Lea party on Sunday. 

Following that AH mowed the lawn and tidied the yard for the same reason.

While I’m not confident that my pool party will go ahead, I’m hopeful that the weather forecast is wrong (which is usually the case) and we can enjoy the outdoor area on Sunday. 

At this point I would like to lodge my dismay at AH’s continued snoring issue. I would like to dob him in and complain profusely that even after all my whingeing, he is not using the salt pipe as directed and is therefore, indirectly telling me that he doesn’t care if I’m losing sleep because of him.

I am quietly calculating the financial costs of setting up the back bedroom as my new happy space where I can get a good nights sleep.

If this public declaration has no positive outcome, look forward to photos of my new room 🤗🌻☮️

I fully expect to receive a stern ‘speaking to’ for making this public declaration!

Desperate situations call for desperate measures. 🤪

My new grandchild is due to enter this world any day now and after a checkup today is doing all the right things in preparation for the big event. No signs of labor yet and I will win the pool if 31st March becomes the birth day. I’m not feeling confident.

I have a feeling that Vegan Chickie might be sharing her birthday.

I think I’ll go to bed to watch the second half of the football. My team is losing. *sigh*


Nite all.


No comments: