Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Four Faces Of Woman

In honour of International Women’s Day (8th March), I attended a one day retreat called Four Faces of Woman, at the Toogoom Hall.

There were a dozen women from various age groups and backgrounds gathered together, each bringing a plate of vegetarian food to share for lunch and each prepared to experience some self healing and show some love.

It was six hours high in value, and even though this is my fourth retreat, I still got a lot out of it and had ‘aha’ moments that took me by surprise.

There was a lot of emotion in the room especially from the newbies just beginning their healing journey and I was able to practice shining my loving light in their direction to show that they were in a safe space for healing.

The Gypsy asked for my assistance for a few of the exercises and I felt completely comfortable even though 8 of those women were strangers to me.

It was a great experience and well worth sacrificing my Sunday in bed.

Adoring Husband was there to pick me up at 4pm and I was feeling pretty tired by that time.

I used Saturday nights leftovers to create a curry for AH’s dinner so there wasn’t much effort required there.

Now it’s 9.30pm and I’m feeling the need to put my head on the pillow.

Nite all.

No comments: