Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 6, 2021

As Expected

As expected, it was very quiet in town this morning (thanks to Howard markets).

I took photos of new stock and posted to the Facebook page.

I cleaned the kitchen and emptied the bins ready for the weekend.

I checked and deleted many emails.

I put some clothing from old stock on a sale rack and repriced them.

By midday, my sales were very low and I was feeling a bit low myself, but I walked into the training room where something caught my eye.

There are about 60 meaningful memes, which I printed out, laminated and stuck all over the walls in that room.

The one that caught my eye today says ‘Being okay if it happens and okay if it doesn’t happen is a very powerful place to be’.

When I read it, the message actually lifted me and I said out loud “Of course! It really doesn’t matter if today’s sales don’t break records! It’s not going to put me out of business!”

As I left the training room and closed the door behind me, a lady walked through the front door and within ten minutes, had spent a LOT of money!

Trust that the universe will provide 🤗

If I hadn’t cancelled today’s art class, I would have ended up with 7 participants!

Two women on holidays who attended at this time last year came in to sign up AND a girl who works on Fraser Island wanted to attend with her mother. Add them to the three left on the list and it would have been a good sized class which would have brought over $300.

See!? Trust that the Universe will provide 🤗

Needless to say, I’ve had a lazy afternoon saving my energy for tomorrow’s ‘Four Faces of Woman” one day retreat in Toogoom with The Gypsy and 14 other women. It’s a 6 hour retreat that is going to take a bit out of me so it’s probably a good thing that my class was canned!

It’s only 8.30pm but feels later so I’m off to bed.




Nite all.


No comments: