Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Thriving

What a day!

Not just great sales, but they were big sales!

I took delivery of new handbags and sold one before it even hit the shelves.

I met an 80yr old lady who spent an hour in the shop telling me her story. Oh what a story! She was inspiring and I hope she comes back often because really enjoyed listening to her.

Come to think of it, I had quite a few elderly people in today and they all spent up big and they all knew exactly what they wanted.

I made the decision to cancel the art class.

I created new folders for two new suppliers.

I chased my large heavy “Open” sign up the driveway where the strong gusty winds blew it! Luckily there were no cars passing at the time or there could have been nasty damage!

I picked up my new Lorraine Lea bamboo mattress topper from The Motivator’s house which Adoring Husband helped me put on the bed this afternoon. I lay on the bed and could have stayed there for the rest of the evening except I had to cook dinner.

Curried chicken and vegetables for dinner. I filled it with sweet potato, potato, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini.

Now, at 7.30pm, I’m ready to climb into my comfy new bedding with crisp clean bamboo sheets and hopefully sleep like a baby.

I think I’ll take some sleepy tea with me.



Nite all.

No comments: