Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 1, 2021

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It’s back to work I go 🎶

Today was a little bit productive but I didn’t do anything on my list.

I remained in bed until 11.30am doing nothing in particular. Checked emails, played games, facebooked, opened the mail that Adoring Husband collected for me.

Lunch got me out of bed and when I sat down to eat, I had an epiphany! AH had been watching Prime Video and I remembered an old mini series called “For The Term of His Natural Life” which aired back in the early 80s starring Colin Friels and Anthony Perkins among many others.

I did a search and found it!

That was my afternoon set. I remember having the hots for Colin Friels back then and I really enjoyed the series. Also, if I remember correctly, it won a lot of awards and for its time, it was fantastic. It still held my attention for 5 hours today.

AH drove me to do his job this afternoon and then to the shop to set up for morning coffee and the journaling class on Tuesday.

I threw together a chicken, cashew and vegetable concoction for dinner, which, even if I do say so myself, was REALLY DELICIOUS!

MAFS was the most important part of my evening agenda and of course, Pop Master trivia.

I hung more washing on the line in the dark. I removed and folded all the dry clothes before bed.

It’s now rapidly approaching midnight! How in heaven’s name did that happen!?!



Nite all.


No comments: