Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 5, 2021

Oldie But a Goodie

I am watching the old 1974 movie “Earthquake” as I  write this. It brings back memories. I was 14 yrs old when I first saw this movie and it had me absolutely terrified! 

1974 was a hell of a year for movies:

  • Towering Inferno
  • Earthquake
  • Chinatown
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Airport 75
  • The Man With the Golden Gun
  • Blazing Saddles
just to name a few!

Anyway, I had a good day at work. An average day of sales until the last half hour and I finished with another flourish.

I expect tomorrow (Saturday) will be very quiet because the Howard markets are on - that always leaves this place feeling like a ghost town in the morning.

I packed up all the preloved clothing that has been on the rack for 4 months and replaced them with my preloved clothes that I decluttered on the weekend.

I steamed the rest of the new clothes that didn’t fit on the rack a couple of weeks ago and put them up for display.

There is so much to do and the time just flies by. That’s certainly nothing to complain about and I’m keeping on top of everything so far, which is surprising!

My heart still flutters when I unlock the doors each morning and I love my happy place.

I had a guy phone me during the week from some Govt dept to talk about small business support & improvements plus OH&S practices. He asked me “if there was one thing you wish you could change about your business, what would it be?” I honestly couldn’t think of anything at the time because I love everything about it.

With hindsight, to feel 100% secure in my future, I would love to OWN the building that my shop is in. That’s the only thing I’d change.

It was nice to come home and put my feet up. Adoring Husband is in charge of Friday night dinner so I could relax.

I received a phone call from Number One son and we chatted for about 30 minutes. It’s been a couple of months since we spoke so it was really great to hear from him.

It’s almost 11pm so it’s time to splash the sleepy essential oil about and close my eyes.


Nite all.


No comments: