Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Something!!

I slept well (I love my pillow).

I dilly-dallied in bed and Adoring Husband served me my warm lemon water.

At 10am I decided to hang out the washing that was in the machine and toss another load in.

I changed into my swimmers and went straight out to the pool. The water was divine. I swam a few laps and enjoyed the serenity for about 20 minutes before sitting in the sunshine and soaking up some vitamin D for another 20 minutes.

I hung out my washing and put another load on and decided to decluttered my wardrobe, but first I made some lunch.

Rice paper wraps with chicken, avocado, cucumber, spinach, carrot, spring onion, mushroom, capsicum and a dressing of sweet chilli and lime. They were fiddly to make but quite delicious.

I walked into my wardrobe and pulled EVERYTHING out and laid it all on the bed. Clothes, handbags, scarves, hats, shoe boxes, bags of books and all the other junk I’d hoarded in the last year or more.

I was brutal.

I threw away a garbage bag full of clothes. None of them were salvageable with paint splatters, worn and frayed, stains and holey pyjamas.

There is a large pile going to the shop to be hung on the “pre-loved” rack.

I emptied out ALL of my handbags and found so many receipts, business cards, unused tissues, toothpicks, expired keycards, pens, USB sticks, camera cards, letters, money (nothing significant) and other crap.

I vacuumed the floor of  the WIR (decided to do the lounge room as well) and then began putting what remained on the bed back into the wardrobe.

Then came the pyjama drawer 😳

I threw away 4 old pairs of very loved and sad looking PJs, but that drawer is still very full of very loved, very comfortable PJs. I love PJs.

This chore took a good 4 hours and my back went out in sympathy with AH. I had to sit for a while before preparing dinner - barramundi and salad - quick, easy and 😋 delicious.

Surprisingly, I don’t feel tired at all! Having cleared all that clutter, I feel more energised!

I wonder if I’ll be motivated enough to declutter the jewellery tomorrow? Wait and see.

I’m now going to bed to watch the end of MAFS.


Nite all.

No comments: