Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Still Nothing

My ‘to do’ list is still firmly intact.

I was a little more productive today, but nothing of note.

Adoring Husband returned to bed at 8am and fell asleep, so I got out of bed and made warm lemon water, followed by a glass of celery juice. I used up the leftover pancake mix and cooked up a big breakfast of bacon, banana, pancakes and maple syrup.

I didn’t have all the ingredients for the heavy metal cleansing juice, so I need to plan better for that.

AH woke up around 9.30am and at 10am we drove to the butcher to get some mince for dog food and some salad items for lunch.

AH cooked snags on the barbecue and I made a salad to go with it.

I cooked up ten days worth of dog food - pumpkin, carrot, hemp seeds, turmeric, coconut oil and beef mince. 

After lunch, I had to fix the pool creepy crawly because some of the long grass from the bali hut had wrapped itself around the internal rollers. Once that job was done, I jumped into the pool fully clothed! It was lovely, but I only stayed in for about 15 minutes.

We watched some fluffy Netflix movies and I cooked up a version of Hainan chicken for dinner. I only drank the broth from it, which was delicious.

I sorted through all the baby goodies that I’ve been collecting ready to send south to the fambam. 

Knowing that I only have 2 days remaining of my week off, I thought a lot about my list and wondered if there might be chance of reducing it before Tuesday. Only time will tell!


Sleep time for me now on my trusty new pillow. I have to say I love it. It hugs my head in a most comforting and secure way and feels both soft but firm. I slept very well last night.

Nite all.

No comments: