Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Blergh Day

Here I am, first day without a plan or commitment, and I’m feeling crappy.

No enthusiasm or motivation or energy.

Got out of bed at 10am to go check the mail and pick up our weekly meat order.

We watched fluffy movies on Netflix while I cooked a whole chicken for lunch. We ate it with salad for lunch and then vegetables and gravy for dinner.

Watched the recording of Holey Moley final and now watching MAFS.

I wasn’t feeling well enough to do Adoring Husband’s job this afternoon.

I have a feeling that the Chinese Restaurant where we lunched yesterday uses MSG in their cooking because my body has always responded badly to MSG. It feels like my internal organs have swollen inside me, I have low energy and I get heart flutters. This usually lasts for 2 or 3 days.

Did you know that Vegemite is full of MSG?

Anyway, I hope that I’m feeling well enough in the morning to do AH’s job for him.

I have no plans for Friday (it’s here already!) so aside from my early start, I hope to make the day a little productive by doing at least one thing on my ‘to do’ list.
  • Get started on my new website
  • Do some more of my biz course
  • Paint the turtle on my outside wall
  • Meditate
  • Swim in the pool
  • Washing
  • Shop newsletter
  • Decluttered my wardrobe
  • Decluttered my jewellery
Watch this space.

Now I’m off to play music trivia and then climb into bed.


Nite all.

No comments: