Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 21, 2021

No Bed For Me

My usual Sunday in bed was not to be because The Motivator invited me to her Lorraine Lea party which commenced at 11am.

I didn’t mind too much because I love LL products and I have made a list of what I want from their catalogue. It suits me better to order on a monthly basis because it spreads the costs. If I purchased everything I wanted in one hit, Adoring Husband might have a heart attack.

It was a nice way to spend 3 hours. Good food, good conversation, good beverages, good shopping.

I rode my trike which was a mistake because by the time I came home it was stinking hot 🥵 AND I had to ride into a head wind!

As soon as I rode into the garage, I hurried straight inside, sat in the air conditioning and in front of a fan until I felt better. That was not pleasant at all.

I cooked a leg of lamb for dinner with a big pan of baked veg - potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion, tomato, capsicum, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and garlic. I made a nice gravy with the juices from both the meat and the veg + my stock.

Adoring Husband went back for seconds of everything.

I have a big day with my girls planned for tomorrow with a lunch date in Childers and a spot of shopping so it’s time for me to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: