Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 22, 2021

Beyond Hot

It was probably not the best day for travelling out of town for lunch.

Five of us drove to Childers and it reached 38°C there.

Even though it’s only 40 minutes from the coast, it’s a very dry, draining heat in that neck of the woods.

We stopped for coffee at “Insane Caffeine” which is a lovely little cafe with couches and mismatched furniture, friendly staff, healthy food and nice coffee (apparently). My tea was nice!


From there we decided to drive back to the section of town where the gift and shoe shops were.

Surprisingly and sadly I found nothing to buy at either of those places. I had a pair of shoes in mind, but there were none available in that shop.

We walked down the hill to the dress shop which had a sign on the door saying “back in 15 minutes” so we decided to go for lunch and return later.

Our cafe of choice for lunch was the “Drunken Bean” where I selected a toasted GF sandwich with chicken, cheese and avocado, followed by GF Apple pie with GF ice cream and butterscotch sauce accompanied by a mango, ginger and mint juice.


There was a lovely gentleman who sacrificed his seat so that the five of us could sit together on the red couches. 

The food was delicious and the service was friendly in air conditioned comfort.

We popped next door to the cheapie shop where I purchased some acrylic paints for the shop and that was my only spending for the day.

We returned to the dress shop where a couple of the girls found something they liked,. I found a top that I would have loved if it was about 3 inches longer, so I walked out empty handed.

Even though I didn’t find anything exciting to buy, it was a lovely day with the girls and I’m not even sure what time we got home! Perhaps around 3pm?

I’m excited to be seeing Lady Lynn for coffee tomorrow morning so I have to get some sleep now.



Nite all.

No comments: