Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Grand Day

Where do I start?

I slept poorly. I seem to do that every Wednesday night, probably because I worry about sleeping in and not being there to open on time for meditation.

Adoring Husband drove me to get his morning coffee before dropping me off at the shop.

The Gypsy arrived early and we got to chat before the meditation crowd arrived.

The class was great but I was interrupted by a customer sneaking through the door hoping to purchase one of my photos. Of course I wasn’t going to deny her! 

One of the meditation girls also made some purchases so my sales were pretty good considering the shop is closed.

AH picked me up and I had an hour to get ready for my play date with The Brains Trust.

She was right on time and we started our day with a nice drive into The Bay, followed by some canvas and shoe searching. I really want to say shopping instead of searching, but our searches amounted to nothing.

We attended the Lady’s Luncheon at a Chinese restaurant and we ate a cheap and cheerful meal. The food was good but there are very few of the original ladies in this group now, so it’s not as much fun as it once was.

We left and drove around the corner to the Su Jus Cafe to order coffee and a green juice.

There were more shopping fails at a number of stores at two different shopping centres.

Totally unheard of for us!

Finally, at about 3pm we conceded defeat and began driving home. The Brains Trust kindly offered to take a detour and pick up our FROG box on the way home. This meant that AH and I didn’t have to drive back to get it and for that I am very grateful!

I changed out of my good clothes and AH drove me to do his job (yes, his back is still keeping him out of action) and I prepared dinner (duck) after we returned home.

It has been a big day and I know that I wore TBT out. She leads a very busy life and today could have been a rest day for her, if not for me.

I’m thinking that tomorrow might be a day in bed for me.

Nite all.

No comments: