Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Distraction Guaranteed

My first day of holidays.

Adoring Husband had appointments in town so he dropped me off at the shop before taking on his day.

I was meeting the girls for coffee but had 10 important minutes of work to do beforehand.

I did the work and met the girls at the designated meeting spot, taking my slushy smoothie with me - pineapple, mango and pear.

It was so lovely to see Lady Lynn before she moves into her new home in just one week! 

Even though the weather was very hot, the breeze by the water made sitting in the shade at the park very pleasant. We were there for over two hours.

The Brains Trust dropped me home and we made our plans for tomorrow’s play date.

Adoring Husband arrived home from his appointments about 30 minutes later and I made a large bowl of hearty dip of mashed avocado, coconut yoghurt, lemon juice, spring onion, tuna, salt and white pepper which we shared using GF wafer crackers. That was lunch.

After lunch, AH bent down to compact the rubbish into the bin and couldn’t get back up! Once more, a simple movement was all it took to disable him indefinitely.

I rubbed DoTerra Ice onto the affected area and sent him to the pool to take the pressure off his spine, then he lay down on the bed for a while.

I decided to go do his job this afternoon so that he wouldn’t have to drag me out of bed at 5am tomorrow. I agreed to him driving me there as long as he promised to stay in the car.

Dinner was in the oven, so it was cooked by the time we returned home and we ate straight away.

Then I discovered a text message from The Motivator reminding me that she had my chairs from the shop, which in turn reminded me that the training room was still set up for art and needed to be cleared for meditation in the morning.

Aaargghhh!

So I asked her to bring the chairs to the shop and AH and I drove there at 6.30pm to set up. The Motivator arrived soon after us and knowing that AH was incapacitated, she stayed to help me set up. She was a power house and did most of the heavy stuff.

I felt so grateful because it took us an hour and it was after 7.30 when we got home!

Now, here I am at 10pm (already!) and the day (and it’s dramas) has worn me out - mentally, emotionally and physically.

So much for taking a week off work to have a ‘break’.

This is all about ME of course 😂🤣🙃


Nite all.

No comments: