Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Bigger Than Ben-Hur

Two of my art girls arrived bright and early to help set up the training room for today’s art workshop.

Thank goodness they did because it took three of us 90 minutes to set workspaces for 14 people.

After they left, I had a visit from The Motivator and we chatted for 90 minutes. It was a nice morning.

There was enough time to make a quick lunch and cup of tea before the art class participants all started streaming in.

What a crowd! It was loud and funny and joyful. Everybody was fabulous and they were all happy with their results thanking me profusely as they finished cleaning up and took their leave.















The Motivator returned at 4pm to pick up some chairs to use at her Lorraine Lea party tomorrow.

It was 5pm by the time AH and I got home.

I knew if I sat down I’d never get up again, so I went straight into the kitchen to make stuffed mushrooms for dinner.

That’s when I sat down and my poor tired old body collapsed gratefully into the chair.

That was 5 hours and 3 fluffy Netflix movies ago.

Now I can hear the bed calling me.

We waited in vain for a very large storm system to hit us this evening, but watching it on the BOM, the storm veered left just before it hit and I don’t think we even got a shower of rain.

I am feeling very weary.

Nite all.

No comments: