Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 19, 2021

Never Forget

Today, I was shocked to discover that somebody with whom I had a four year relationship with, passed away in 2013.

It was a volatile on again off again relationship fuelled by drugs and alcohol but it was also passionate and hilarious and fun and exciting. We learned a lot from each other and experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. To quote Charles Dickens ‘It was the best of times, it was the worst of times’

We tried so hard but the relationship was absolutely destined for failure and I’ve thought of him often and fondly over the years.

He made very brief contact via Facebook in 2012 when he simply apologised. Not for anything specific. He simply stated my full name (his term of endearment for me in the past) and then said “I’m sorry”.

I responded with “you are forgiven”

With hindsight, I wonder if he knew his days were numbered and needed to make peace?

He was married but never had children and was 51yrs young when he passed.

Our relationship ended in 1991 (30yrs ago!) but my heart still hurts after this unexpected news.

RIP Hollywood 

It was a quiet day at work and I took it pretty easy. I started to set up for the art class but am getting help in the morning so I didn’t knock myself out. I did some banking, checked the mail, filed some paperwork and checked my emails.

I created my sign to advise customers that the shop will be closed for a week ...

Adoring Husband arrived early to help me close the shop and it was nice to come home and watch some fluffy movies on Netflix until bed time.

AH cooked the usual Friday night fare (my favourite part of the week) and now I’m ready to sleep.

It’s going to be a big day tomorrow!



Nite all.

No comments: