Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Time Flies

The day started with a hell of a downpour and I wondered if the whole day was going to be a complete washout, but it was all over very quickly.

I spent the time sorting through my blue and brown acrylic paints in preparation for Saturday’s art class and trying to figure out how to fit 12 people comfortably in the training room.

Once again, I have overbooked and nine of the twelve have prepaid! The other three are regulars and unlikely to drop out. It will be an interesting class.

After much thought and planning, Adoring Husband and I arranged the tables in a way that will accommodate everyone comfortably. I think it will be ok.

During the last class we had a mini disaster because one of the glass cabinets was not level and the paint literally slid off some of the canvasses placed upon it to dry. AH helped me level it up so that we don’t have the same problem this week.

It was an average day of sales.

I washed the dishes, cleared and cleaned my desk, reorganised the packaging area behind the counter and cleared the empty boxes as well as picking up all the shredded paper that fell out of the delivery on Tuesday.

The cleaner arrived and I let her choose what do while I waited for a rep to arrive.

This was a new rep who handles Sassy Duck bags as well as lots of Australian Made products like hand creams, moisturisers, room sprays, reed diffusers, candles, baby products, ocean themed gifts like shell mobiles, hanging art, decorative shells among many more different products.

There really wasn’t enough time to go through everything with her but I made a Sassy Duck order and committed to other orders for when I return from my week off. It’ll be nice to have new brands to try out.

It was 3pm when we arrived home. We watched the first movie of a trilogy that we’d already seen the 2nd and 3rd parts of. I hung out some washing, took some off the line and threw another load in while AH cooked snags on the barbecue and we enjoyed a Bunnings dinner - snags in bread with onion and sauce.

It was exciting to watch the first episode of the new series of Gogglebox tonight! Love that show!


Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: