Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 15, 2021

Fine Art

We have our shopping trips down to a fine art.

We list the shops we need to visit from furthest away and work our way back through town.

Today we started at Go Natural in Torquay, Nana’s Pantry, Bunnings, Stocklands (Jeans West, KMart, Coles) and finally Spotlight.

We remembered just as we began to drive home that we wanted to check out the takeaway shop in Point Vernon because they stock GF Beefys pies, so we did a U-turn and even though we had no idea where that shop was, we found it inside ten minutes! They had only two GF pies left (frozen) so I took them.

We left home at 10.30am and returned before 3pm with a carload of groceries, baby clothes, “me” clothes, and art supplies.

Adoring Husband and I had a competition to see who could guess the closest to our grocery shopping total and I won! I was only $2 out 😃

The weather seemed threatening all day with low, dark clouds and I was expecting heavy rain to hit us at some stage, but not a drop fell from the sky.

Nothing exciting happened during the day - even the clothes I bought were just cheap PJs and a t-shirt from Kmart.





I reckon it’s going to be a good week!

Nite all.

No comments: