Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Unexpected That Was!

As well as the local cafe being closed, there are also roadworks happening at my end of the street.

This is not conducive to high sales.

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised by my final tally of sales at the end of the day.

The universe was kind to me!

Morning coffee was light in numbers but the quality was high and it was almost 11.30am by the time all the girls left. I got to spend lots of time involved in the conversation because few people came through the doors during the morning.

The day passed quickly because before I knew it the first participant came through the doors for journaling. Even that session went quickly! We did 3 x 20 minute speed writing sessions and lots of recalling memories from our early motherhoods.

Adoring Husband appeared at 3.30pm and we set up the room for meditation.

I got dinner on early - Peking duck, bok choy, cauliflower and sweet potato/potato mash. It was bloody delicious! 

It’s 9pm and I’m yawning uncontrollably!

We have fresh bamboo sheets on the bed tonight and they feel cool and clean on our skin. I think we will sleep well tonight.



Nite all.

No comments: