Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Bizzy Az

My morning was full on hectic!

I had a pleasant half hour with The Gypsy before the people came knocking for meditation.

There were 5 newbies and I had to add 2 more chairs to the room, which left me sitting in the doorway! Lucky for me that 3 regulars were absent this week or I would’ve had to turn people away.

After meditation, the newbies all made purchases AND signed up for the art class this weekend. I now have 12 people on the list and 9 of them have prepaid. It’s going to be a bit squishy!

By 10.30am my sales for the day were amazing and for the remainder of the day I only made two more mini sales. I thanked the universe for making it such a successful day.

I had time to make myself some lunch and sit quietly enjoying it without interruption.

I unpacked, priced and displayed a box of stock that had arrived yesterday.

Before I knew it, Adoring Husband was walking through the door and it was time to come home.

We watched a fluffy Netflix movie and I cooked barramundi for dinner.

I’m keeping an eye on the Nadal vs Tsitsipas tennis match - looks like it might end up closer than we thought.

Meanwhile AH is snoring like a steam train and I am considering moving into the back bedroom.

I’ve already made too many plans for my time off next week and I’m reconsidering my options 😳

It’s very windy out tonight and we’ve had a few showery scuds throughout the afternoon. Strange weather.

I’m feeling a bit weary so it’s sleep time for me.


Nite all.


No comments: