Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lock It In

The people were streaming through the doors at 7.30am for meditation and 8 minutes later I had to lock the doors because all the seats were taken!

It was a great class, as always, and everyone remained afterwards to speak to The Gypsy about how they related to her choice of theme this week.

Everybody left feeling happy and well prepared to take on the day.

I’ve had a few regulars drop out of my art class for this Saturday and if I get one more cancellation, I’m considering cancelling the class altogether. This is not a bad thing. People are taking advantage of open borders and heading in all directions to see their families while it’s possible, so it’s all good and I’m not taking it personally.

It was another good day of sales and I was inundated with calls from my usual suppliers and a few new ones! I need to break a few sales records if I want to buy everything on my new wish list!

Some new stock arrived in the mail.

I did some bookkeeping and filing, paid some bills and partially tidied the kitchen which is still a mess from the last art class which was 11 days ago!

I’ve been selling a LOT of snap jewellery and buttons in the last couple of days so it’s time to put in a new order because I’m running out of bracelets.

Adoring Husband arrived early to help me close the shop, even though he’s only capable of carrying the flags in, every little bit helps.

We did some grocery shopping and when we arrived home, we BOTH took advantage of our pool in this hot weather and spent about 40 minutes in the water under the shade of the big umbrella. I swam a few laps while AH wandered around aimlessly. It was nice.

Pork Loin Chops cooked on the barbecue with mushroom and red wine sauce accompanied by honeyed carrots and buttery cauliflower and broccoli for dinner.

We ate dinner at 5.30pm and now it’s 7.15pm but feels like 9.15pm! So I think I’ll go to bed to watch MAFS because I’m feeling weary again. I’ve been awake since 5am.

Nite all.

No comments: