Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Speedy Gonzales

That’s how fast the day flew by!

Like Speedy Gonzales!

It was never busy with multiple customers in the shop, but whenever somebody walked out the door, within 10 minutes somebody new would walk in.

Morning coffee with the girls was great because we were only interrupted twice (for a change), but once it reached 11.30am, I didn’t get to sit down for the rest of the day.

I made myself a cup of tea at 1pm and only drank half of it.

Needless to say, sales were very good! Not record breaking, but a great start to the week after my time off.

Following 2pm was the journaling class so I did get to sit down for that!

AH arrived at 3.30pm to help me set the training room up for meditation and we shopped for dinner before heading home.

Fresh Snapper fillets that I coated with GF breadcrumbs, shallow fried and served with salad.

AH’s back doesn’t seem to be improving and the pain fluctuates between bearable and excruciating. Who knows where we go from here. 

For me, it’s good to be back at Roz’s Happy Place.




N



Early start for me tomorrow so I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: