Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bed Time

It’s 8pm and I’ve been in bed since 5.30pm.

It was not very busy with customers today so I filled my day pricing the new stock and rearranging displays to make space for it.

I probably should have taken a couple of breaks.

By 2pm I was feeling very weary and couldn’t wait to put my feet up.

After 2 days I’m still only about three quarters of the way through the stock that arrived and my office area is pretty messy!

At least the drop sheet is down and the tables are set up ready for this week’s art class.

I had a visit from a lady whose husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s about 3 years ago. She comes in every couple of months to vent and debrief. She’s lovely.

There were a lot of parents with kids through the doors today. All just looking, so sales were a little below average.

Something that annoys me is parents who walk in with their kids saying “Don’t touch anything. Look with your eyes.” My gosh! I’m 60 years old and ‘I’ can’t walk into a shop with pretty things and not touch anything! The parents spend the rest of the time saying “I told you not to touch! Don’t touch!”  I appreciate their intention but I feel so sorry for the kids.

Anyway, I heard those words a LOT today.

It’s a great time of the year. The weather has cooled down and the nights are great for sleeping. The light is really clear during the day and there are birds of all shapes and sizes everywhere. People have reported seeing pods of dolphins in the river every day and the fishermen have spotted dugongs in huge numbers on their trips out to sea.

We live in paradise.

I need to go and focus on the football now. My team is beating the top team and I am shocked at their efforts so far!

Have a great Friday!

Nite all.

No comments: