Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Breaking Records!

Today, I smashed my sales record.

Smashed it like I didn’t think was possible!

This morning I was looking at April sales and thinking how much I needed a good day to help ease the loss of a week with the doors locked.

Saturdays are historically the worst day of the week for sales.

I remember back in the 70s when my mother owned a small record shop in the Brisbane suburb of Morningside and Saturdays were so busy she needed three staff and the queue at the counter were four deep all morning. It was crazy!

It has never been like that here.

In fact I’ve considered not opening on Saturdays because sales have been so mimimal.

Not today!

It was a blinder and has covered what I will miss out on next week!

To add to that, I ran a fantastic art class this afternoon with ten ladies who all produced some beautiful art. These are some of their efforts. I didn’t get pics of them all, but I will tomorrow.







We sat around drinking beverages until after 4.30pm and there was plenty of laughter and fun. They are a great group of girls.

We stopped at the local cafe to grab some chips to have with dinner and talked to the owners about the fact that they have sold the business.

What a relief for them because Covid has destroyed them and their piece of mind. The locals have really given them grief and I hope that their future is full of success and happiness because they are hard workers and they deserve a better deal.

My Melbourne family are mourning the loss of their pet cat Maggie tonight. I send them healing hugs.

I think I’m done for the day. Tomorrow will be huge as I pack and prepare for my trip to Melbourne. Just two more sleeps!

Nite all.

No comments: