Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Bizzy Bizzy

It was a very busy day in the shop!

For the first 45 minutes I was steaming some clothes but from there it was full on and sales were great!

There were lots of big sales and most of those customers said they would return tomorrow.

I found time for half a cup of tea and a quick lunch so I had sustenance to keep me going.

In between all of those sales, I had visitors as well but I didn’t get to spend much time being social.

Adoring Husband and I discussed adding some more hanging space in the shop and are now trying to figure out new display areas - we need more efficient use of the spaces.

I feel like I left a couple of jobs unfinished and I certainly didn’t have an opportunity to take photos of the new clothes. More clothes will arrive on Monday or Tuesday and I almost finalised a big order of giftware, but I decided to hold off on that until next week.

We were home before 2.30pm and AH had to attend a maintenance call at the shopping centre and then had an early start to SES training this afternoon so I prepared his dinner super early. 

I was going to make the chocolate fondue for tomorrow afternoons party but it has coconut cream in it which can be temperamental so I decided to wait until morning.

That means an early start in the morning for me.

So it’s good night from me.

Nite all.

No comments: